Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
6 slices of uncured bacon
4 c of organic kale, chopped
1 tbls bacon fat or lard
1 c organic white onion, chopped
1 c organic carrots, chopped
1 c organic celery, chopped
8 c cubed organic butternut squash
4 c broth of your choice (vegetable, chicken, beef, or bone broth)
½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
½ tsp organic ground back pepper
1. Heat a skillet on medium. Cook the bacon in the skillet until it’s done to your liking. Set aside bacon when done and chop.
2. Cook the kale in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes until it’s a bright green color and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbls bacon fat or lard in a stock pot on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the butternut squash, broth, sea salt, and pepper. Cook on high heat until it comes to a boil. Lower heat to medium and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until butternut squash is soft.
5. Transfer about 1/3 of the soup into a blender and puree on high for 30 seconds. Transfer to a large glass bowl. Repeat 2 more times until all the soup is pureed.
6. Transfer the purred soup, bacon, and kale into the stock pot. Stir the soup and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes.